What legal paperwork do we need to get married in Montenegro?
By law; bride, groom and witnesses must be at least 18 years old. Bride and groom can not be related with blood or adoption.
The list of required paperwork for a legal wedding in Montenegro:
- Passport copies for bride, groom and witnesses
- Full birth certificates (long versions)
- Single status document showing you are free to get married (also called as Certificate of Non Impediments, Certificate of Nulla Osta, Certificate of Coutume etc)
Although some municipalities may require additional paperwork, above documents are minimum requirements for a civil wedding in Montenegro. Please contact us for specific locations or further questions.
Also note that;
- Single status document needs to be issued in last 3-6 months prior to the wedding date
- all reqired paperwork needs to be translated to the official language by a court translator
- Only original paperwork or certified copies are accepted
- All supplied paperwork is archived with the marriage application and will not return to the couple (certified copy of birth certificates are subject to a small charge if needed)
Why not take advantage of our paperwork asisstance service to get married in Montenegro?
Leave it on our experienced hands to give you complete ease of mind that knowing everything has taking cared of.